Thursday, April 03, 2008

Jackson is Six

You can tell a lot about people by their sense of humor (or lack thereof). Jackson is six and he thinks this is hysterical. (Ignore the subtitles--this was the best transfer I could find.) The humor of frustration really resonates with him. And good old bone-jarring slapstick; from Pixar, masters of their craft. Do you think Pixar will ever make a feature film starring a female protagonist? The Incredibles comes close. And Ellen DeGeneres was so funny in Finding Nemo. An animated girl who's not a princess? I say it can be done. Maybe in my lifetime.

I love Pixar but for animated girls, I turn to Hayao Miyazaki, who is the Kurosawa, the Ozu, the Beethoven, the Shakespeare, the J.K. Rowling, of animation. Incredible artful fantasy, starring--GIRLS.

Trailers:
My Neighbor Totoro
Princess Mononoke
Howl's Moving Castle
Spirited Away

2 comments:

Tuckers said...

Jackson has good taste.

Personally this ones my favorite because the characters are so luminously gelatinous!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HoSc8hUrDk&ftm=18

Miss Lisa said...

Hee! Pixar does it again, and again and again.