Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Decorate Your Yard with Life-sized Statuary

Why not? I was biking along the Iron Horse Trail this weekend, just minding my own beeswax, when I noticed this backyard in Alamo. Naturally, I screeched to a gravel-spewing stop so I could take some photos. The late-afternoon light was not ideal, but it does add to the eeriness of life-sized statuary placed in tableau, like children's toys for giants. Some other observers told me that these have been in this yard for years, "But the owners rearrange them all the time."

Of course.





The Native-American wing is all kinds of wrong, yet in this yard, so right. My camera couldn't quite catch the delightful vultures, perched on the fence and eyeing the farm animals hungrily. Nor could I zoom in to the upper yard which featured (I'm not making this up) a zebra, a lion, and two gorillas restfully perched in a pine bough. If you look closely at the top photo, you'll see them. Or you might be going crazy. No, I'm kidding. They're really there. Or are they...?

No comments: