Monday, May 28, 2007

"What are we doing here? Why are we still here?"

It's a grim Memorial Day for a lot of people. The NY Times has an article about U.S. soldiers who are questioning why they are in Iraq, fighting members of the Iraqi army who they had once trained. Morale is increasingly low in what has turned into a civil war. There are not enough explicatives in all the slang dictionaries of the world to describe how I feel about our current president. I'll just call him a sociopath and war criminal who should be locked up where he can cause no more harm to the world. It's another horrible foreign policy in our country's very long list of horrible foreign policies.

On this Memorial Day, do me a favor. I don't know anyone who voted for George W., but if you do, please kick that voter in the ass for me. If he (or she) voted for him twice, kick him twice as hard. It's true: violence begets violence.

1 comment:

Kerrie Jones said...

Amen to that. I hate to admit I have one family member and a few co-workers that I need to kick. Jan 20 2008 can't come quick enough.
Kerrie