Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thursday is Garbage Day

EVERY day is Earth Day around here and until there's viable inter-planetary travel, that's what we face for the rest of our lives. So I thought I'd pay tribute to the unsung heroes of Earth: the trash collectors.

Acting as my film producer, Jackson requested that we film all three of our trash trucks. He discovered a few years ago that there's a sizable amount of trash-truck videos on YouTube. When he realized that our film camera could be used for shooting more than his birthdays and T-ball practices, he enlisted my help in obtaining his dream: to be one of those YouTube contributors.

The fruits of our labor: several videos dedicated to our Waste Connections pick-up team. When you think about it, garbage trucks are pretty cool. It's the hydraulic arms--efficient engineering marvels. Perhaps if our beleaguered auto industry could find a way to utilize a hydraulic arm system in American cars, our economy could "pick up" a little (so to speak).

Picking up the trash--yay!


Picking up the weeds (every other week) for compost--whoo!


Don't forget the recyclables--go planet Earth!

2 comments:

Mildred Davenport said...

I like how he picked up the tipped over can.

You've got a nice fan base there on Youtube.

Miss Lisa said...

I've definitely found my calling (at last).