Thursday, January 21, 2010

"Please Don't" - David Byrne, Fatboy Slim, Santigold

I've been looking for something tangible to post about this upcoming David Byrne/Fatboy Slim album, "Here Lies Love," and finally, here's the first single, Please Don't, free for download and featuring Santigold. I admit I'm here for the Santigold, but I can't deny that I'm looking forward to the February 23rd release of this album that covers biographical stories of Imelda Marcos within a completely disco format, inspired by her love of clubbing.

David Byrne, beloved freak genius, is definitely the only person on the planet who could possibly pull this off. The double album is being released on Todomundo/Nonesuch Records and features vocals by Sharon Jones, Cyndi Lauper, Tori Amos, Sia, and more.

[Flash 9 is required to listen to audio.]












Thanks to Pretty Much Amazing for the links.

No comments: