Wednesday, March 25, 2009

SXSW 2009 - Laurie Picks the Hits

Laurie did a smart thing. She saved her pennies and went to South by Southwest in what what was by all accounts "a good year" to do so. I've never been, though I could have made the effort in the past. I can only blame a sort of innate laziness when it comes to live-music events that I can't begin to explain (plus lack of funds, which is not worth explaining).

I've always lived vicariously through the reports of my friend and former band-mate Alan, who has made the annual trek most every year for as long as we can remember. When I next talk to Laurie, I expect a FULL account of her Austin exploits. Until then, enjoy her video picks from the SWSW YouTube Channel. Fabulous choices, Laurie! (Thanks for doing the leg work on this one.)

Loch Lomond - Blue Lead Fences (lovely harmonies from Portland)


Immaculate Machine - C'mon Sea Legs


Daniel Johnston - True Love Will Find You in the End


Red Fang - Prehistoric Dog (Humor! Does anyone remember laughter?)


More picks from Laurie!
Brooke Wagonner
Tom Cary (from Málaga, Spain)
Laura Marling
The Love Me Nots

No comments: