Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday Movie-Monster Madness

The Astounding She-Monster, 1957. Starring radioactive Shirley Kilpatrick, wandering a California conifer forest on a budget of $12,000.


Little Red Riding Hood and the Monsters, 1962. Whoa! This is new to me and it looks absolutely terrible. What an exciting find. Originally released in Mexico as Caperucita y Pulgarcito contra los monstruos.

Great purposefully stilted review by Tabonga! at Monster Movie Music.

Attack of the Crap Monsters, 1957, OOPS--I meant "Crab" monsters.


Robot Monster, 1953. One of my all-time favorite bad movies. The frightening aspect of a world ruled by one obese guy wearing a gorilla suit and a diving mask will haunt you hu-mans for all of etern-ity. He will fight you with his bubble machine! So, uh, beware.

4 comments:

michelle robinson said...

Crap monsters would of been even more terrifying.

Mildred Davenport said...

You keep tapping into my world. Makes me think i don't really understand how things work. Too many coincidences.

Anyway, just yesterday i bought the poster for ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS on Ebay. And i already own the giant 3-sheet poster for ASTOUNDING SHE MONSTER, one of my favorites. I'll get them posted on my blog at some point.

Miss Lisa said...

Yes, Mildred--those posters should be shared with the Internet world. What if Crab Monsters were coming at you and you were allergic to shellfish? Doubly terrifying.

I like how the Astounding She Monster is a blend of Divine and the runner-up prom queen from high school. Very endearing.

Mildred Davenport said...

Ok, i displayed the She Monster in honor of your visit to my blog. It was like being rescued on a desert island.

I'm not seeing much similarity to Divine, but she does have a shimmering wobbliness quality to her.