Sunday, March 02, 2008

Jeff Mangum - Oh Comely

Keith found much Neutral Milk Hotel on YouTube to get excited about. He asked me to put a video up so here it is. I must say I've always thought Neutral Milk Hotel is a really stupid band name. But it fit that band pretty well--not stupidly--they were just very unpretentious, yet artful and entertaining and Mangum is the mysterious center of it all. Here he is in Athens, GA at the 40 Watt Club in 1997.


Stupid band names off the top of my head (in no particular order or personal musical preference):
Lubricated Goat
Straightjacket Fits
Limp Bizkit
that symbol for Prince
The Artist Formerly Known As Prince
Look Blue Go Purple
Laaz Rockit
Big Head Todd and the Monsters
The Offspring
Puff Daddy
Echo & the Bunnymen
Inflatable Boy Clams
Spot 1019

Camper Van Beethoven
The Cat Heads
I Will Kill You F*cker

Every band I ever played in had a whole lot of stupidness going on:
Not Now
Spinster Playtime
Soft Pump
She Mob
Death By Stork
honorary mention: Winner's Bitch

No comments: