Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Had A Heat Wave

It's been hotter than a firecracker shot from a two-dollar pistol into the ass of a fox in a forest fire this week. Muggy, hazy, blast-furnace breezes, making our bedrooms bakery ovens for the past few nights. Luckilly, Keith found his vintage "Hope is on the way" Kerry/Edwards fan from our last fun-filled presidential election. We've been taking turns fanning ourselves with it, inwardly thanking the People of Faith for their practical political signage.

Kerry/Edwards Hope is on the way fanThe reverse side claims that "Help is on the way." I hate when organizations can't streamline their branding messages.

Now if only I could figure out where I last packed my useless political button collection, featuring Jesse Jackson for President, Mondale/Ferraro in '84, and McGovern/Shriver in '72. I wonder what would happen if I wore them all at once and walked out in public. It's something to ponder.

No comments: